Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why does the American society now look down on committed relationships?

It seems like casual sex is the new fad these days. Those who want commitment are considered ';immature';, ironically. Basically because they're living in a ';fantasy'; world.Why does the American society now look down on committed relationships?
I think you are very wrong.


Casual sex is only perceived as the norm, mostly by young people. That is because they have bought into all the sex in the media. Sex sells right?


How can someone who wants to be in a committed relationship be looked down on as ';immature';. I would say that those people are the more mature. These are people who can stick to their beliefs without giving into what young people may think is ';cool';. Its not cool to just sleep around with people. I actually feel sorry for the ones that do, because they will never be able to experience what it is like to have sex with for the forst time with someone that you love. It is the best feeling in the world.Why does the American society now look down on committed relationships?
I dot think Americans feel that way. I think the very fact that gay marriage is such a hot button issue (whichever way you stand on the issue) mean that lots of people are considering how to address Committed Relationships. Casual sex went out in the 80's when AIDS became a concern for most of us.
I don't. I look down on discrimination. Calf prop 8 let's people vote on a discriminatory law. I am also looking down on religious theory being part of American law. Both need to be stopped before they kill again. Casual sex on the other hand has been known to work for me. That was pre AIDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment