Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why do romantic relationships trigger a relapse of clinical depression?

I suffer from major depressive disorder and I seem to do really well mentally when I am single, but as soon as I get into a romantic relationship, my depression comes back full force and my insecurities pop back up. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm trying to gain more insight into why this happens and what I can do to manage it.Why do romantic relationships trigger a relapse of clinical depression?
If a person was hurt and betrayed in his or her primary love/family relationships in childhood, the person learns that emotional closeness brings pain, and often when such a person tries as an adult to get close to other people, subconsciously the mind regresses to that earlier time and begins to re-experience and expect that pain. For a normal person, closeness feels good. For an abused person, closeness may bring depression.Why do romantic relationships trigger a relapse of clinical depression?
You are not confident that's why this happens to you. Just gain your confidence by doing things like looking your self in mirror. If you do not possess body than built it to gain more confidence and try avoiding clashes in romance.
Because romantic relationships carry with them high expectations and are absolutely no guarantee of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment