Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I make my strong mother understand my need for submissive relationships?

My mother was a huge feminist during the 50s and 60s and owns a medium sized company and rules it with an iron fist. She does not understand my need to be submissive in my sexual relationships. Is there some way to show her or some book I can buy her to make her understand me?How do I make my strong mother understand my need for submissive relationships?
I think your best bet is to tell her that being submissive is how you express yourself sexually.





I know, you already have. I'm not saying you need to explain topping from the bottom or anything - not that I'm saying you ever do that! (Bad sub! Bad!)





But she should be able to understand that you have chosen this sexual lifestyle, that you are empowered by it, that it has nothing to do with how assertive or confident you are outside the bedroom (which I bet you are), and that it has nothing to do with societal female subjugation but with personal expression and liberation.





And no, tell her you are not just internalizing the predominant male-centered cultural bias! You are doing this for you. You are taking responsibility for your sexuality and refusing to permit the vanilla prevailing culture from dictating to you what you ';should'; like or what a relationship is ';supposed'; to be like. That though you crave abandoning yourself to His wishes in bed, crave to beg Him to take you, you refuse to cede control of your act of submission to anyone.





If she won't leave you alone then fight fire with fire: tell her what a twit ultrafeminist teacher and author Andrea Dworkin was for saying no truly liberated and actualized woman could ever like penetration. Yeah, uh-huh. Because clearly in that case your mom is also a slave to the paternal paradigm. Which she obviously isn't. Just like you obviously aren't.





Side note: I applaud you for being so open and forthright about you sexuality. Your mom seems pretty cool actually - not a lot of parents would engage their children in such a deep conversation. Yeah, she doesn't get it. But give her time. Give her time. The central message of feminism (humanism applied to both genders) is that we as people are capable of forging our own destinies. She just needs to apply her feminism more broadly - and to include you!





Cheers and have fun!How do I make my strong mother understand my need for submissive relationships?
its an intimate and private and personal too perference...you are grown up..why mum has to be in the pic?





decide and do it by yourself and your partner?

No comments:

Post a Comment