Friday, July 30, 2010

What does the bible say about age differences in relationships?

I'm 18 and my girlfriend is 24. I don't see the problem but my mom thinks there is one.What does the bible say about age differences in relationships?
Among the commandments are:





Deuteronomy 5:16





'Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD, your God, has commanded you, that you may have a long life and prosperity in the land which the LORD, your God, is giving you.';





++++++++++++++++++++++++





To do this, consider your mother is thinking of your long term best interests based on her experiences in life. Pray perhaps that the Lord show you eyes to see some of the points in her wisdom she is trying to share with you. In other words, on a sheet of paper draw a line down the middle and give the pros of the situation you are considering on one side of the line and on the other side write the downs of the situation. Then prayerfully ask God to show you his will in the situation.





+++++++++++++++





In general, your mother is probably right, especially if she knows the 24 year old woman, and her opinions weigh more than any arguments you may hear on Yahoo. And another suggestion: of any opinion that disrespects your mother, they are worth ignoring without a second thought on principle of the above commandment.





MistodayWhat does the bible say about age differences in relationships?
Nothing. Le me tell you my story I hope it does not happen to you. I met a woman at 17 she was 23 almost 30 years ago. We had a great profound relationship, we dated, we went to the beach, and did a whole bunch of things, we lived in different parts of the country we where we were living, the idea of age did not come up, but when near each other we went out. I fell in love with her the first day I met her, she was almost perfect. At the time she a had body of a model and still does and is very smart. Most 18 y/o girls would like to look like her. For ABC reasons we became separated, I went to college, she went on do her things. I sent her two letters in 1981 asking her to marry me. I always, unfortunately, looked for her qualities in other women, this always failed miserably, in the 28 or so years we were apart, she got married, had two kids and later on became a widow seven years ago. I was married twice with many failures and many success in my life. She just got back into my life last year 2008. We decided to marry. Today I am 47 she is 53, fact is she still has the body, eventhough she had two children, she is incredibly smart and very sweet. We have many years of catching up to do. Had I told my parents 28 years ago I wanted to marry her they would have had me in a mental hospital or had me shot, same for her family. Fact also is the families know each other too. My mom met her mother 40 years ago, and her aunt worked for my dad. Your 24 y/o girlfriend has to really see the difference in age so do you. The way I look at it is women should marry a man younger than them, they will become widows someday, if they are older, their chances of being alone for a long time are shorter since men die earlier than women. Most women will be widows for at least 20-25 years in their lives.





Ask your mom to meet her and get to know her and follow her advice. Don't fight her.
dear friend


in the Bible Jesus talked about the little ones who understand the kingdom of the heaven better than those of adults who claimed wisdom. it is not important how old you are but it is really important how wise you are ! I see no point about ,perhaps your mom knows something which you don't know about , so just go strait away and ask her what is wrong with but ask it politely and not aggressively. your mom loves you because you are a part of her own flesh so she take care of you more than anybody.








be in peace
well lets examine this a moment .........





First you are a man..so YOU are already 5 to 10 years Younger then she is even if she was 18....


And IF she was 18 she would still be 5 to 10 years older than You...


that's Just how it is...Woman are more mature than men.........





One has to examine that maturity and the actual case of each person...AGE plays NO factor in Maturity.....Maturity isn't about Numbers......PERIOD !!!





There are Very highly Mature girls of the age of 18 , BUT just as easy there are Many Immature girls of 18.....as it is for Most men...but Woman will always mature faster then men...





BUT What really matters Here is SHE the One Your Suppose to be with..Is she Really of God and is abiding in God ?Appearances can be deceiving and so can words...again that's where MATURITY comes in at....


First your only 18...you yourself have a lot of Maturing to do...i suggest YOU do that.....and IF its meant to be ...Allow God to work it out...otherwise Both of you are just gonna get hurt and probably Blame God for it...instead of listening to Common sense He gave us All !!!
My partner is 13 years older than me and we get along fine. We have been together for 13 years also. We have 3 beautiful boys together. I don't see a problem with your age gap.





Hope this helps
I don't know if the bible says anything is wrong with that, but having a older girlfriend can lead to different things in you that might not be so healthy , then this becomes more of a physiological question.
Litttle to nothing. In biblical times older man and younger woman were quite common.








Your age difference is not critical aside from maybe a slight difference in maturity. Ten years or more difference tends to pose a problem.
Nothing at all... you are an ADULT now you can make your own decisions ... you can say to your mom, thanks for your advice but I'm going to do what I want just like when you were 18 you did what you want
Nothing -- but just be equally spiritual and it will work out fine, tell your mom that her controlling days our numbered and that she has raised you well enough to make her own descisions!





Blessings --
The bible isn't the answer to all of your questions.
It doesn't.
Tell your mother I've been married for 20 years now to a man 7 years younger. NO problem!
The bible doesn't speak on this subject. But if you are a christian, the bible says that we should be careful who we choose for friends. Example. we can have unsaved friends,but we are not to engage in things they engage in if it is sinful. we don't laugh a their dirty jokes. we don't laugh at the sin in their lives. You have to be very careful. Try to be close to someone who is like minded as yourself. On another note, I can understand why your mom does not like you hanging with a grown 24 year old woman. She thinks different that you, She 's looking for different things in life than you are at 18 years old. If I was your mom I would feel the same way.I really don't feel a 24 year old should hang with a 18 year old. Your interest is even different. She may say she's ready to get married and start a family. Is she too young? NO! If you say that, yes you should be getting ready to start college. See the differences.? Just be careful. She dates older men, that can easy make you become interested in older men. Also if you are a christian, just remember you are not to yoke(date or marry ) an unsaved man. The guy you date should have the same christian values as the bible, NO EXCEPTIONS! You can tell if he is true to his word, the way he respect the bible and the attitude he has towards christianity. He cannot have been married before either. Be very very careful. Some men will pretend they serve the Lord, Pray about it and aks God for wisdom. God will guide you to truth. Don't be fooled. Going to church every sunday does not mean he is a born again christian. Okay? One more thing, Be careful going to movies. They don't have anything in the movies for Christians to want to watch. Everything is about sex , cussing and you name it. I don't even go to the movie house anymore. I am find with that. I hardly watch T.V. anymore. I listen to family radio. www.familyradio.com. I also go to www.ebiblefellowship.com. Maybe you want to check it out. It's worth it.
  • liver cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment