Friday, July 30, 2010

Are family relationships with my wife supposed to be harder during pregnancy?

I always used to get along with my wife just fine. Until her 5th month of pregnancy. Now she gets angry and insulted more and faster than before.Are family relationships with my wife supposed to be harder during pregnancy?
Hey i noticed how only girls have answered your questions but. Hang in there i could right a 3 pages explaining how my gfs pregnancy went and not only did i have her being B#tch no offenese i love her to death but than i had her parents being A## holes to me.. But it is hormonal. I'm sorry your wife is acting this way but just help her out and be the best you can.. Dont give up cause in the end you'll appreciate every moment spent getting there. Just keep telling your self only another 4 months of this!Are family relationships with my wife supposed to be harder during pregnancy?
By the time I was 5 months pregnant I was HUGE...I was feeling fat %26amp; unattractive %26amp; I was sore all the time from the massive fluid retention. My hormones were going crazy %26amp; that made ME crazy!





My hubby copped abuse ALL THE TIME but I'll tell you what I told him...you should be grateful to your wife...she will get fat, then she will have to squeeze a 7 or 8 pound (9.5 in my case) baby out a comparably small hole (or, like me, end up with an emergency cesarean %26amp; a massive scar). She will have stretch marks for the rest of her life. If she is like me, she gave up a ';high flying'; career to stay at home %26amp; spend her days cooking %26amp; cleaning %26amp; singling Wiggles songs.





There is NOTHING glamorous about pregnancy, labour or motherhood...it is however the most wonderful %26amp; rewarding thing anyone can do but she still needs you to suck it up %26amp; take whatever she decides to dish out!





You could help the situation by offering to give her a back or foot rub. You could offer to help out around the house a bit more. Make her a nice dinner or pick something up that she loves on your way home. Bring her flowers for no reason (don't expect any sex though). Most of all, try to understand how hard this is on her. She needs your complete support without exception so get off the computer %26amp; give her a foot rub!!!!!
sadly yes, its the hormones ( mind you I don't advise you ever to say that lol ) I try really hard not to lose it at my husband over silly things, but sometimes you just can't help it.





A recent example: He switched off the pool pump ( yes I know its important to save energy etc, but our pool pump is ancient and takes forever to get working, has to be manually filled with water and then has about a 5% chance of working) anyhow we had a home open that weekend and I was trying to get as much of the cleaning done before the weekend around working from home and looking after Jesse our 20 month old and foolishly decided to clean the pool - 45 min of struggling to get the pump going and him being 25 min late home led to a horrible scene with me being something like a cross between godzilla and dracula and him asking why I didn't just wait till he got home as he could have fixed it in 5 min. Long story short - never would have happened normally but pregnancy can make you a little crazy. You just have to love her through this, you have to suffer her being irrational - she gets morning sickness, childbirth etc etc etc its just the price of having children and its worth it :)
Cut her some slack. Her pregnancy hormones are raging! Pregnant women almost always show some irritation at their husbands. After the baby is born it gets worse.





Try being nice to her and taking some of the household responsiblities off her hands. Quit being an a**. Think about someone besides yourself. Next you'll be jealous when she pays more attention to the baby than you. Grow up.
as a husband and soon to be father i believe it is your duty to let it go when she snaps at you. cuz she is preggers after all. its not her fault she's angry and has a short fuse. +1 on the back rub. massage her shoulders. buy her flowers or sumn. thats always good for a smile. if its really that bad and its upsetting you a smile should be worth the 20 bucks a dozen roses costs. :)
its normal and its hormones.. mine leveled out by 5 months though but every woman is different and pregnancy can make molehills into a mountain...at anytime 4 weeks-42 weeks :)
they aren't supposed to be, but there is a good chance. some women do get moody, it isn't her fault though, it's the hormones and stress.
maybe you should stop being a pain in the a** and offer to rub her back and listen to her when shes had a bad day and don't tell her how fat she looks

No comments:

Post a Comment