Friday, July 30, 2010

How does Hydrocodone and Xanax affect your personality and relationships?

A close personal realaionship of mine has been on Xanax and Hydrocodone for years. I just found this out. He has done some odd things and sleeping patterns are exaggerated. He is also on antidepressants. Could these medicines cause him to be hostile, forgetful, uninvolved? If I feel they are affecting him and his closest relationships, how do I convince him to stop taking them?How does Hydrocodone and Xanax affect your personality and relationships?
I would suggest also try asking this in health. Many answers here (myself included) have little psychiatric experience. My suggestion would be to consult a doctor, a pharmacist or a psychiatrist.


Yes, barbituates such as hydrocodone could cause him to seem disconnected while he is on the drug and hostile or irritated when he is coming down from the drug or off the drug. Both drugs are associated with physical and psychological dependence. Unfortunately, being hostile, uninvolved and even forgetful are also symptoms of underlying psychological conditions--such as acute depression and/or anxiety.


Be prepared for a tough road. It is not likely that he is going to wake up one day and quit the addiction. It may take some sort of intervention. If you care about him, I would look to outside help, such as his family or by telling his pschiatrist/doctor (assuming he has one, since he's on antidepressants).How does Hydrocodone and Xanax affect your personality and relationships?
No to hostile, but yes to forgetful and uninvolved. I used to be addicted to hydrocodone. Is he abusing alcohol and or weed with these pills? If so, you should watch them carefully. The drugs brought me into a substance induced depression. I'm not sure how you can stop them other than take them to rehab. I quit after overdosing on my own because I was scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment