Friday, July 30, 2010

Does educational level play a part in long term relationships?

One partner is a college graduate and the other is a high school dropout. Could this cause problems?Does educational level play a part in long term relationships?
It did for me. My first husband actually graduated high school, but they just passed him instead of educating him. His education skills were that of a 9th grader at best. I couldn't tolerate being with someone so ignorant in the long run.





Now... let me say this. I've met some high school dropouts that were well educated. They chose to further themselves, even if they did not do so in a school setting.





It's very difficult for the dropout to ever have feelings of worth around a college graduate. They will always feel lacking and less than until they can prove to themselves that they can finish high school.





So yes, it will always be a bit of a problem in all relationships, just the degree of it will change from couple to couple.Does educational level play a part in long term relationships?
Yes, and I provided statistics, but those are about populations, not about an individual.


I think this could cause problems if you let it, especially if there is:


1. Lack of respect


2. Huge disparities in life goals.


3. Major income differences.


There is also the issue of friends, free time and leisure activities.


All of these are either no big deal or deal breakers. It is up to them to sort through these issues.
It certainly can. I, a college grad married a high school grad and he apparently resented it. He was good with his hands and could build or repair most anything and seemed very intelligent. But come to find out he thought that all college grads were educated idiots and he had only disgust for my ';book learning';. To top it off he would not allow me to work in my chosen field. My advice: Go very slowly in a relationship of this sort.
The only problem it will create is the ability to find a good paying job and be an equal contributor in the relationship. My hubby just finished college after 11 years of marriage, and he now says he understands why it is so important. The struggles, the challenges, and the victory of graduation creates moral character.
I'm sure in some cases it can play a factor, However, i have a college degree and my husband barely finished high school and we are going strong after 9 years. I do not think degrees can establish someone's intelligence level, i have met very intelligent people who just could not stand school and extremely stupid people who have masters degrees.
I dont see a problem.


My husband went to college


I however did drop out of high school for my own reasons and we BOTH have really good paying jobs.


It hasn't affected our relationship and it shouldnt affect yours either.
Boy can it ever. You think, in the beginning that it doesn't matter cuz ur in love, well, just how many years can you go on without an intelligent conversation? Believe me, it will drive you nuts !!!
Just because someone has a college degree doesn't mean they're smarter. I love street smart people, they have more common sense than a book smart person.
Yes definitely its play vital roll in life. so just join your self with same education level person.
That doesn't determine if they are mature or not.
Only if you don't like to eat.
  • liver cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment