Friday, July 30, 2010

How do you feel about ';traditional'; gender roles in relationships?

I am curious to know how people currently feel about specific gender roles they believe men and women should take on in marriages or relationships.





Men... Do you feel like it is exclusively your wife's responsibility to cook meals, clean up after you and the family, take care of the children and assume other domestic chores? Why or why not?





Women... Do you feel like it is exclusively your husbands responsibility to be the main supporter of you and the family financially and assume fix-it chores such as car and home repairs? Why or why not? How do you feel about ';traditional'; gender roles in relationships?
I don't have a problem. In our marriage, from the very beginning, each one did what they were good at. True, in our case my husband handles the finances, but that's because I'm a total loss with paperwork and figures, even though I tried to learn accounting! Now that my husband is retired, we cooperate on meals, cleaning chores etc. Before, he worked many more hours than I did, so I took up the slack in the house. I'm still working, so now it's his turn to help out, and he does it willingly.





It's about mutual respect, not roles.How do you feel about ';traditional'; gender roles in relationships?
I notice that women are starting to have the better careers these days. Sooner or later we men are going to have to take on more of the cooking, cleaning and child-rearing if we want to find a good woman.





Things are slowly starting to turn around. In some relationships the guys already do more of the household chores. It's just kept hush-hush because it's still not considered socially acceptable.





Things are changing but quietly.
I really liked your question but the answer has now really changed. It was long tym back when reponsiblities were restricted according to the gender. Now we find women doing all the men jobs e.g. going to office, taking a car to mechanic, getting home appliances fixed.





But for men, i still think they have bound themselves to fewer responsibilities.


(I am sure, men won't agree)
i believe it should be shared responsibility now since everyone is working nowadays in my country. even home repair, u also can do it, dun mean a guy is at home, he gotta do everything also as they might not even be competent to do so. in one sentence, don't be too dependent on others.
love and respect in a relationship make the couple be aware of their responsibilities to preserve %26amp; treasure their relationship. doing what they feel is right to help %26amp; support their spouses strengthens the foundation of the relationship. that thinking of who'll do the chores won't even matter anymore.
if women are working, the man should help as much as he can....even my hubby helps and Im here alot....my knee isnt good...He cooks out on weekends...I do the weeknight dinners and laundry etc....


imo men mow the lawn and yes he does outside repairs....I write out the checks and keep an eye on the bills..

No comments:

Post a Comment