Friday, November 25, 2011

Why is it okay for straight people to be grossed out by gay relationships, but not the opposite situation?

I hear tons of straight people saying that they are ';grossed out'; by gay relationships and the idea of two men/two women kissing, and it's considered generally acceptable. But when a gay person says they are grossed out by the idea of a man kissing a woman, they are labelled as an intolerant heterophobe.





Have you experienced this?Why is it okay for straight people to be grossed out by gay relationships, but not the opposite situation?
Nope, but I'm in favor of everybody kissing everybody elseWhy is it okay for straight people to be grossed out by gay relationships, but not the opposite situation?
it's a double standard like Why? (Cry Havoc)[Play Havoc] said.


i think it's also because some people aren't used to seeing it..heterosexual relationships have been around longer and i think they've advanced to the point where people are used to seeing it. now they think nothing of seeing a few heterosexual sex scenes (or implied sex scenes) in a movie.


i'm not sure where i'm going with that point, and i could be wrong, but i'm not sure.





yes, i've experienced it, some guys called me and a past girlfriend dykes for hugging after school once.


but i've also experienced the vice-versa version (if that's what you'd call it): as in, i had a friend attack me and call me ashamed of my sexuality and (previous) relationship for not wanting to kiss my girlfriend in public.


even if i were straight, i wouldn't participate in PDA. i don't feel comfortable with it at all.


i'm not sure how to end this..so..yeah.
I don't have a problem with people who are homosexual unless they are (1) Trying to come on to me or (2) Trying to come on to my family.





I am grossed out by gay relationships, but I won't make it an issue because people are free to do what they want and think what they want.





Therefore, the same should apply to any group, including gay people. If they are grossed out by straight relationships, let them be as it is their opinion.





I have an issue when someone of either orientation starts labeling others ';homophobe'; or ';hesterphobe'; because that is forcing an opinion. That is wrong.





I have been called a homophobe because I do not agree with homosexuality, and it irritated me because I do not force my own opinion like that.
I don't like either.


People should be able to date whoever they want to date, without condemnation from from their surroundings.





..Of course, I think it is very understandable if a straight person says *they* would be grossed out by doing stuff with a person of the same gender. Same goes for gay people being grossed out about doing stuff with a person of the opposite gender. That is all okay!





..But there is a huge difference between saying: ';*I* would never want to do that';, and ';Ugggggh, YOU people are all disgusting for doing it!!!';. ..If you see what I'm getting at.





If you don't want anal sex, that is fine, you don't have to participate in it. But at the same time, you should not condemn other people for doing it if THEY want to!
Whose rules are you playing by here, T.S. Badass?





It's OK for anybody to be ';grossed out'; by anything they want, but other people have no obligation to respect their prejudices.





I've heard people say they were grossed out by eating yougurt, seeing fat people, riding a bus, and all kinds of other things that don't bother most of us, but that doesn't mean anybody else needs to agree with them or feel bad about whatever is bothering them.





If you're grossed out at the idea that I kiss women (or men), you're within your rights, but that isn't going to make me stop doing it.
It's ok for LGBT people to say they are grossed out by straight relationships, but because we're LGBT, our opinion isn't as scarring. They often look down on us, so they don't take it to heart. It only hurts to hear something like that when it's from somewhere you care about, or rather, someone whose opinion you care about.
Most people have even str8 ppl by their str8 friends, some people are prudes, some don't give two hoots who your kissing, but we really need to break down the ';Us'; versus ';Them'; thinking.





Everyone has a purpose and it is not making more babies for our overpopulated planet.. %26lt;- if people can agree on that then its a start.
Very good point. Very, very good point :-) Thank you for raising this. I've noticed that too.





It's like they immediately think we should think like them come hell or high water. It's okay for them to be all eeewwww yuk to us but have this need for us to be all hunky dory with them.





These people minds you can't change, though.
I don't understand straight people. I just can't see myself ever being with the opposite sex. I just can't fathom that being attractive or feeling good.
Uh, Kinda?





Double standards are double standards, We have them everywhere, Now just to get rid of them.
I KNOW HOW YA FEEL SISTA!





peace :P





But seriously, that's so messed up, calling our love gross and theirs is just fine to be shoved into our faces.
yes... i tell my mother that all the time,,, eewww!
yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment