Friday, November 25, 2011

How many people in failing relationships stay together for the sake of their kids?

I know the kids are the main priority in life...





But should you sacrifice all your happiness for the sake of the kids, or what???How many people in failing relationships stay together for the sake of their kids?
Kids are like sponges, right from an early age they're learning relationship patterns from you and your partner.


If youre unhappy in your relationship it is honestly better to get the kids out of this atmosphere.


I think that they will be happier and more grounded if youre separate and happy independently. Been there, done that!How many people in failing relationships stay together for the sake of their kids?
There's definitely going to be a sacrifice, and the kids should take top priority. Now the question is, what are you willing to sacrifice for the children's sake? Life style and financial security should not come before the well fare, safety and emotional stability of you and your children.


Ask yourself are you willing to sacrifice your kids for the sake of happiness?
i don't know any statistics but actually i just want to say that i think it's really REALLY unhealthy to stay together ';for the kids';. as long as it's handled properly and after the initial phase of pain and uproar i believe most kids would function a damn sight better with two HAPPY, emotionally stable parents who lived apart than they would in some miserable, crumbling shell of a fake-happy home.
you have to look at your own happiness . Why cause your kids wont be happy seeing there parents fight and argue all the time. Cause a negative impact on your children. Im getting a divorce myself when I get back from my deployment. We worked out unselfishly how child custody would work. Im getting my son for a year and then my wife will get him a year ect.. until he starts school he will stay with his mother and I will get him for 3 months that he is out of school. That will create a balance in things . And of course when the time comes to tell him why you guys arent together anymore . Make the responsible choice and not being bias to who was right and wrong cause that between you and your spouse only.
I stayed in a marriage for the sake of the kids. My ex was a filthy cheating felon...and those were his good qualities. I knew the marriage was a sham months into it but I stayed ten years.





The thing is, my marriage was abusive...it wasn't just ';oh we're not in love any more,'; yet I still stayed. When I finally got the courage to walk out, my life improved ten times over. I married an amazing guy that treats me and my kids very well.





My kids' life is not so great. I share joint custody with the ex. He married a legalistic ';Christian'; who forces her ideas on the kids. She (and the ex) make sure the kids know they will never be worth anything. The kids plead with me to come get them and cry about how much they hate it there. I would never have sacrificed my kids' happiness for my own, had I known he would become a bad father.





Point is...you don't know who/what your ex will expose your children to once you're out of there. If the marriage is just dull...then you should stay with it until the kids are grown. If it is abusive, get out. In my case, the abuse for me was too much. I'm happier now than I could ever have imagined, but I'd be much happier if my kids were happy too.
I didn't.





People really get this twisted.





I left my husband years back as he was violent, and took my 1 year old son. I sorted out access for my ex husband IMMEDIATELY, but this had to be supervised due to the nature of the break up (violence), and my ex accepted this.





It is not wise to stay with someone for the sake of the kids, if you are unhappy. You have to get OUT for the sake of the kids.
I know I have and both my married daughters do. If I had known then what I know now I would have never stayed with him because of the kids. What women fail to realize that babies and children grow up and leave the nest and your stuck with the husband or wife for the rest of your life only for the insurance money from their death.


It may sound horrible but its the truth that many spouses don't want to admit to.
It's important for children to have security and stability. I've seen girlfriends/boyfriends and step parents make life miserable. Your children will likely resent you if you're only thinking about your happiness. Being divorced doesn't guarantee you'll be happy. Think about the consequences before getting divorced. A divorce can never be undone.
i was married for 10 years we have a daughter my ex was emotionally abusive there came a real low point but i decided to keep trying which i did for 7 months for our daughters sake but it didnt work so i left and she came with me i have never stopped her or him seeeing each other. try very hard not to bad mouth him when shes around. its been 6 years now i have a new partner and 2 more children yes there have been hiccups along the way but i am happier and she can see that. if i had stayed she would think that is how realtionships are i did'nt want that.
Definately not!! Why? Because one day your kids will grow up and leave home, then it's just you and your partner. Can you live your life with someone you only stayed with for the kids then? Or do you bite the bullet now, when you're young enough to go out and maybe meet that one person who you are meant to be with? It'll affect the kids whether it happens now or later you know!!!
Too many.


Myself included.


I grew up in a broken home and vowed my kids wouldn't.


I was determined that both Mum and Dad would be together forever.


But self sacrifice isn't always a good thing.


Im just biding my time, waiting to go.


And I dont feel good about that.


But kids are happy.
I stayed in my previous marriage for 15 years for my son. Was it the right choice i can't say for sure. I just knew the turmoil between his mother and me would have caused him a high amount of stress and i didn't want to put him through it.
Depends how old the kids are and how bad the marriage is. You don't want to raise your kids in a hostile environment where you fight and yell at each other on daily basis. Then they are better off with the divorced parents.
follow your heart...





on children: http://www.katsandogz.com/onchildren.htm鈥?/a>





read on, please...will give you insight.
My boyfriend is doing that,and i respect him so much! The kids shouldnt suffer coz of their parents misunderastandings.you should sacrice until the kids are older.
Kids should not be victims of marriage probs
i want to raise my kid in a positive environment. so I wouldn't mind sacrificing which i'm doing it now.
Some people do but I would take my kids and get out. My happiness and my children happiness comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment