Friday, November 25, 2011

Do you think long distance relationships could work?

If you're in one, explain how you two stay close to one another.





I am talking to this guy on the internet that I havent met yet and he is serious about a potential relationship. Forget the fact that he could be a psycho killer, is it worth giving it a try?Do you think long distance relationships could work?
I really think the worst part in a LDR is missing someone you love so much. Sometimes it's really sad.





But concerning the rest of it, it's very similar to a ';regular'; relationship. You must trust your bf/gf, you must care for each other and for the relationship, you must keep in touch, you can't cheat on them, you must share your things and feelings. No BIG differences at all.





When people live close to their bfs/gfs they tend to have the ';illusion'; that everything is alright and ';under control';. Unfortunately, we know it isn't true. Close or not that close, we always have to make efforts to keep a nice and healthy love relationship, or it fails.





So, don't let distance ruin your relationship, follow your heart (don't listen to losers and jerks), remember love worths it.





I wish you happiness.





:)Do you think long distance relationships could work?
With all the technology out there to keep people connected, long distance relationships work better than they used to, however before getting involved in a relationship, you should really get to know more about a person. If you suspect they could be a psycho killer, then there's a good chance you don't know the person well enough to start a relationship with them. Just keep in mind that anything that sounds too good to be true is, and those ';perfect'; personas you run across are the ones you need to watch out for.
I was in a long distance relationship with someone I meet online and we was together for 4 years. I wouldn't recommend a long distance relationship especially with someone you meet online. I wish I never dated my ex and wasted 4 years on top of that I was young and naive when we started dating but I am telling you don't do it.


It's different if you was dating him and he moved but he doesn't live near you now and y'all haven't started dating I say don't start dating him long distance is hard and people tend to lie and cheat when they are far from their mate.
Yes, they can work, but only under ONE condition: that they will not remain long distance in perpetuity. There HAS to be a way for it to NOT be long distance for too long. You stay close by talking on the phone or chatting on the internet frequently, but more importantly, by sharing similar interests and values. But even then, you have to be together one day, or you are wasting your time.





I would be extra, extra cautious, however, about someone who is specifically looking for a relationship. It usually means they have proven incapable of making a real-life relationship work, or that they have poor social skills. Desperate people seek love online.





But I happen to be proof that online relationships CAN work, but four things:





1. We had VERY similar values and interests.


2. Neither of us was looking for a relationship when we met. It was an accident, and that meant we could be totally honest from the beginning about who we were and what we were like. We were JUST pen pals. One thing just led to another.


3. We spent some time together in person before committing to anything. If you can't do that, you can't tell if you are compatible.


4. And I was at a moment in my life where I was flexible enough to move and make it so our relationship was NOT long distant anymore. We were apart for only about four months. Then I finished my degree and moved to where she lived and we gave it a try!





We've been happily married now for almost nine years.





If you decide to meet the guy, do it in public and with a friend.





Good luck!
Well i've been a couple and it takes lots of work.Its the same as any other relationship; trust and honesty. Talk everyday, reassure them that you care and would never hurt them (and vice versa). But sometimes it just isn't worth it. For me, it wasn't cause he couldn't handle being apart... We ended up drifting apart. It depends on the amount of love you guys have for each other, if he really loves and you really love him. Things could work.





I was in one with a solider, he was stationed elsewhere but I couldn't leave cause I was still in school. He ended up being unfaithful. But thats just us, it truly depends on what he truly feels.
im not actually in a real relationship but me and this guy both really like eachother .. i have known him for 2 years yet never met him.. but he is so not a killer.. its addicting and its hard to let go.. just talk all the time to one another and make sure you keep up the spice and all within the convos.. yes.. give it a try..just be careful.. but its fun :)
I live in So. Cal and was dating my old high school gf who just happened to have established her life in Missouri.





It was good for about a year, but the plane tickets got to be expensive and there was no progression in our relationship as a normal one should.





She and I had an agreement... We would go on dating whomever we wanted, but when it came to us, she and/or I had priority over anybody else. Meaning if I had a date lined up and it turned out she was able to fly in for the weekend, all my plans were canceled and I went to pick her up at the airport and so it was with her too.





Even with an agreement like that, the most self confident person would eventually start to be bothered about hearing about other dates.





But she didn't want to move out here to California and I wasn't going to move to Missouri. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I ever had to do.





I would suggest you don't go down that path unless one of you is willing to eventually move to be with the other. Oh and also if he's not an axe murderer.
They fail most of the time, but they can work too.





I met my wife online. We talked through IMs for a couple days, then on the phone (sometimes all day long thanks to Skype and unlimited calling plans). Phone / webcam sex kept things from being too dull. I flew to visit her about 3 months later and we clicked in real life just as well as we did online. We rented a house together after a few weeks and I immigrated to her country.





Having money and the freedom to travel / move is a must however.
well im in a long distance relationship and its our 4th month anniversary this sunday but it does help that i met and hung out with him b4 we got together and every channce i get i go and see him ... which is pretty often because my family loves going where he lives..
yes it will work easily .. if u really love him then don't be worry about distance. my friend is in love with pakistani guy and they love to eacother very well and my friend will go to pakistan in end of 2009 to meet him and will get marry .............. so don't be worry it will work if ur love is true
The relationship through the internet is not real it's fake because you didn't know him or see or meet him the real one is when you meet him face to face and be close to him i don't believe in internet relationship
I was in one, ended up marrying her.





Short version of story. We went to the same high school, she moved out of state. We kept in touch, I moved in with her, we got married.





Keeping in touch helps a lot and trust is a must.
I find it quite amusing your asking this question considering your profile states you are a Psychology student and not at all interested in finding True Love over the internet.
i tried that, talked for over a year and then i moved to the area and he never wanted to see me, he got a gf. got my heart broke, didn't know it was possible online but it is.
forget about long distance


don't you want to be next to the person who is suppose


be with you when possible?
It is not a real relationship until you two meet.
Well, I've been in many long distant relationships.


For me, they weren't that bad.
They don't usually work out. no.
no.
give it a go and just see what happens. good luck. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment